Partnership with Jaguar Racing
GKN Automotive is partnering with the Jaguar Racing team to bring our electrification expertise and rich motorsport heritage back to the racetrack
- Since 2017, we have been the official eDrive Partner of Jaguar Racing, focusing on ‘Driving for Efficiency’
- We contribute engineering expertise towards development of the electric powertrain for the I-TYPE 5
- We are working with Jaguar Racing to develop advanced powertrain cooling technologies in pursuit of enhanced system efficiencies
- Targeting close technical collaboration, our Innovation Centre will also embed its own engineering specialists within the Jaguar Racing Team
- The partnership with Jaguar Racing will feed into the development of our world-leading eDrive technologies for EVs
We have a long-running partnership with Jaguar, dating back to 1935 when we supplied driveline technology to the first SS Jaguar saloon. Today, GKN Automotive supplies every Jaguar model on the market with a range of technologies, including high performance CV jointed sideshafts, propshafts, intelligent all-wheel-drive systems and electronic active differentials.
Our relationship with Jaguar Racing’s Formula E Team started in 2017, in advance of Season 4 of the championship. The partnership is centred around ‘Driving for Efficiency’ at both a component and system level. It is an opportunity to push technology to the limits on the racetrack, which is essential to speed up innovations and further advance know-how.